Have you attended Technique Tuesday in my Stamping Studio? Well, if you answered no, then what are you waiting for?? I thought I would give you a sample of what we do at class. Usually, I teach one technique a night but, because this one was a little time consuming due to drying time, I taught two. I will take a picture of the Technique Book that everyone is adding to every month (but, it’s never too late to start one yourself!) and post it soon!
I thought I would share this wonderful technique with you. I got the directions from Patty Bennett (a stamping legend, lol:) who got them from someone else.
Next Class Date: JULY 21st (time tenative: 6:30/7PM)
Featured technique: Paper Piecing (tomorrow’s post will show a card that we will be making)
1. Stamp image on Shimmer White Cardstock using White Craft Ink. Heat emboss with Clear Powder with a Heat Tool.
2. Generously spritz paper with a spray bottle filled with water. Spray until there are puddles of water.
3. Use an Aquapainter to dip into drops of classic reinkers and just “touch” the tip into each section. The ink flows inside each section because of the embossing but, will also blend nicely when you add more than one color to a section.
4. Use 2 or 3 drops of coordination reinker colors in any combination that you wish (classic ink).
5. Clean the Aquapainter when applying a new color.
6. Let dry (20-30 minutes), cut out, and apply to your card or project.
*I used Pacific Point & Kiwi Kiss (which are both retiring). I’d love to see what you come up with!
Let me know if you have questions!