Hi there!! Today I am showing you another craft show item that I have created. I remember seeing this project a few years ago. I didn’t go looking for it this year I just went with my memory and I like my results. Kudos to the original creator!
This little cutie started out as a Jiffy Pop Popcorn (see picture below…do you remember these??). We had these as kids and I remember thinking how neat it was to “pop” our popcorn on the stove! Who wouldn’t like to receive this little guy with a BONUS gift card “popped” onto the back (sorry, couldn’t resist the pun). 🙂
I won’t get into too many details. I have to go get some things finished for my son’s Halloween Party that I am in charge of for TOMORROW. Eeek. Time is flying!
- I traced the circle (the popcorn container) onto Whisper White cardstock however, when went to cut, I cut inside my line because it has to fit inside the black container.
- I used Basic Black to create his hat in two pieces (one for the brim and one for the top).
- I punched Basic Black circles to create his eyes and mouth.
- I cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock into a triangle for his nose. I sponged around that piece with Pumpkin Pie ink.
- Using Real Red cardstock I punched a few berries and sponged Real Red ink around them.
- I punched two large ovals out of Old Olive cardstock and then used a circle punch to create the holly. I sponged Old Olive ink around the holly for some dimension.
- Lastly, I created a little pouch for a gift card out of Real Red cardstock.
Once I finished all five of the Snowman Gift Card Holder I realized that maybe placing the gift card on the “butt” of the gift might not have been the brightest thing to do. Remember, if your recipient is actually planning on making their popcorn they HAVE TO REMOVE THE PAPER!! Ooops. It’s super cute though, right?! Right? Please tell me that it’s cute. 🙂
You might think about creating a different little pouch that you could TIE onto the handle if you try this one at home. Just thought I would share!
Have a great day everyone!! Thank you so much for coming by today!
OH, one more thing! If you are not signed up for my newsletter you still have a few hours to add yourself. Today at 1pm you will receive the 5th Week of Christmas! Next week I will begin sharing gift ideas that you do not want to miss!
Products that I used to create my Snowman Gift Card Holder: